This is my second pregnancy. I have learned that along with this little miracle comes some hurdles. For me there are a few items I could not be without while pregnant!
Don’t get caught with out:
1. Preparation H wipes and ointment. This is for easy wiping of your poor strained butt! The ointment is super soothing too and helps relieve a sore tush!
2. Colace/ MIRALAX. Colace helps soften your poop and Mirilax does the same and helps you pass it easier. Mirilax is not like a laxative that causes cramping and discomfort. It doesn’t taste like anything. I usually put it in my morning coffee.
3. TUMS SMOOTHIES (these taste much better than the original or the assorted kind). Pregnancy brings on a whole host of acid re-flux and indigestion issues. The extra hormones in your body relaxes the muscles in your esophagus that are supposed to keep the acids in your stomach. Tums also work instantly!
4. Pillows, pillows and more pillows! I don’t think you can have enough pillows. For me I get alot of cramp like pain in my hips. As your pregnancy progresses the hips widen. This eventually allows room for the baby to pass and be born. I like to put a pillow to prop up my growing belly, a pillow in between my knees and ankles. I use my husbands body to support my back LOL.
5. Maternity pants. They are soft and many of them are trendy and very comfortable. I like to buy mine from Motherhood.
6. Cocoa Butter. This is to help prevent stretch marks and stop the itchiness of your growing belly, boobs, butt and thighs ! Put that stuff on everything!
7. Clippers or waxing appointments. This is for your personal lady grooming. This may not be a necessity for some but when you keep up with your grooming you feel clean and more attractive. Personally waxing is too painful for me so I prefer short and neat. Be careful with razors. As your belly gets bigger you loose visibility of your important parts LOL. If you keep up with this, when you get ready to give birth and while you recover you still feel fresh and neat.
8. Mani/Pedi. First of all this is a treat and keeps you feeling like a lady. When you get close to the end of your pregnancy try to keep your mani and pedi fresh as you will be giving birth soon and wont have time to get one for a little while after the baby is born.
Feel free to add some things you cannot be without!